Monday, October 5, 2009

Week #6 - Thing #13 - Social Bookmarking

I have been using Delicous for a while now and really enjoy it!. It makes life easier and actually makes me feel very equipped and prepared for many information needs. Tagging and bundling is "the" way to keep my web links organized. Whenever I have spare time I love revisiting my Delicious account to further tweek my tags so that they work optimally for me.

I really believe social bookmarking is a skill students would benefit from learning so I created a short unit for my Research Skills class. The unit requires the students to explore the web, tag, bundle and share their links with classmates. The students really enjoyed getting their accounts set up and I feel confident they can use this tool in the social and academic aspects of their lives.

There is also a teacher in my building who successfully uses Delicious. Students who take her course sing her praises because her page makes their ability to succeed in her course much greater.

Actually, I have a small problem with Delicious that is standing in the way of making better use of this tool. Maybe one of you could help me. As I stated I have created a small unit using Delicious in my classroom. Therefore I have two Delicious accounts, my personal account and one I created for the purpose of my lessons. Currently, my computer displays the Delicious toolbar; however it is for my classroom account, not my personal account. For the life of me I haven't been able to figure out how to de-activate the wrong Delicious account and activate the right one. My browser is Internet Explorer and I have scoured the menus to correct this matter. If anyone can help, I would be most grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment